Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bloggers' Lingo "Meme" Defined

Just last night I organized my four (4) sites as to the Memes I have picked and I was planning to join.

I had them spread maybe not evenly among my blog sites but at least I tried to keep one meme per site per day.

What is Meme anyways? Is it synonymous to the a baby term for sleeping? I don't think so.

Well, my personal understanding about this is that, it is a way to have some sort of connections while sharing your thoughts about a certain topic or interest in the blogosphere.

According to Merriam-Webster On-line Dictionary, it is an alteration of "mimeme", from mim - (as in mimesis) +-eme in 1976. It means an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within the same culture.

Meme on blogging is a way of earning traffic for your sites and a sort of winning new friends. So I am now making it part of my blogging habit. Make it yours too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails